Tips To Secure Your Job
Nowadays, due to the worst effect of the recession, every body is worrying about their own jobs. So, I thought of providing you a few tips with which you can secure your job effectively and productively.
- Work but do not act: Due to the effect of westerners we have been learning how to act instead of a real work. This was good when the resource persons are on a high demand. During the good times, even though they know that you are acting they have given you a hike and promoted you because it is difficult for them to get another resource. But in the current situation, if you act then you are out. So better you really work and show whatever you work rather than a show put up. This not only increases the compay performance but also the countries performance when every one of us work properly.
- Diversification: The usual tendency of working within our own domain should be changed and one should be ready and willing to work in any domain. By doing so it increases your visibility and loyalty towards the employer.
- Can do Approach: When your employer aproaches with some work then demonstrate a can do approach rather than a doubtful approach whether you can do or not and try to finish the work accordingly.
- Meet the deadlines: When a deadline is given try not to mis the deadline whatever may be the reason. There may be some genuine reasons why you can’t meet the deadline. But try to avoid missing a deadline. If you can’t avoid and is not in your hand then open up the mouth and inform your employer well in advance and avoid last minute surprises.
- Innovative: Be innovative and provide new ideas which can improve your company.
- Avoid Late Hours: People think that sitting late is impressing the boss. Though that is only a part of acting. When you site late it affects your brain and in turn your work performance. Instead reduce the breaks between the work and avoid sitting late.
- Behaviour and Punctuality: If your office expects you to be punctual then be punctual. Even if you have flexi hours policy try to follow the minimum no. of hours required to work. Also, be punctual to the meetings and never miss a meeting due to a personal reason. Because, there is a lot of chance for you to be highlighted in a negative way if you are not as expected at the time of meetings. Also, be nice to your colleagues and sub ordinates whatever be your status. It not only decreases your enemity but increase the life time of your job. There is no worng in being good and it is good to be good.
- Minimize Personal Works and Calls: Minimize Personal Works and Calls during the office hours. If you think it is compulsory to attend a personal call then keep it short and maintain a low voice.
- Minimize Sick Leaves: If you are frequently sick means that you are not fit enough. So, be healthy first it is good for the company as well as your self.
- Boss is Boss: Last but not least is impressing your Boss. Irrespective of your boss is good or bad you should be very good with your boss. Because, he is the ultimate decision maker during the elimination. Never say no to your boss. Instead try to convince if you want to say no instead of saying no directly. Also, remember that just soaping your boss is not just enough. You should also follow the other points as well.
I urge every one of you to be good at all the times irrespective of the tough times.Performing well will not only glorifies you but also glorifies our nation that is Bharat.