Instant oats – 1 cup
White or Medium Sized Rava or Semolin or Wheat ravva– 1/2 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Water – 3/4 or as required
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp. finely chopped
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Oil or Ghee – To grease Idly plates
Oil – 1 tsp.
Mustard Seeds – 2tsp
Carrot – 1 medium sized grated (around 1/2 Cup)
Green Chilli – 1 tsp
How to Make
Dry roast the Instant Oats in a frying pan for 3-4 min and set aside to cool it completely. Then grind the roasted Oats to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.In the same pan, dry roast the White or Medium Sized Rava for 5 min om a slow flame. Allow the Rava to cool. Now transfer the roasted Semolina/Rava and powdered Oats from above step to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds, once they splutter add grated Carrot and Chopped Green Chilli and fry for 5 min.
- Add these seasoning ingredients to the mixture bowl and mix once. Now add Hing, Finely Chopped Coriander leaves.Baking Soda, Curd and Water and mix everything together.
- If batter becomes too thick adjust with sufficient water batter turns as thick as the normal Idly or Dosa batter.
- Grease the Idly/Idli plate with Oil/Ghee and pour the sufficient amount of batter to the Idly/Idli molds.
- Arrange the Idly/Idli plates and steam it for 10-12 minutes or till done. It may take maximum 15 min to cook the Idlies.
- Now the Oats Idly/Idli is ready.
Serve hot Oats Idli with Coconut Chutney.