– Stand erect with the feet joined.
– While exhaling, jump and spread the feet about 3 feet apart and stretch the arms so that they are in line with the shoulders. The palms should face the floor.
– Turn the right foot to the right and the left foot slightly inwards.
– Grip the thigh muscles and lift the kneecaps.
– While exhaling, bend the trunk to the right and hold the right ankle with the right hand.
– Lift the left arm so that it is aligned with the right arm and left shoulder.
– Turn the neck and look at the extended left hand.
– Stay in this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
– While exhaling, lift the right palm from the ankle. Straighten the trunk. Turn the left leg to the left and repeat the asana on the left.
In the beginning, it may be difficult to hold the ankle with the right palm. Hold the shin or use a book or a brick and rest the fingers on it.
The asana tones the leg muscles and removes stiffness in legs and hips.
It relieves backaches and neck sprains and straightens the ankles and neck.