India to build a huge statue of medieval King Shivaji (Chatrapathi Shivaji/Shivaji Maharaj) which is of 192 metres and costing ₹3600Crore/$530m the memorial off Mumbai’s coast with name Shivaji Smarak. It will be twice the size of the Statue of Liberty.
While PM Mr. Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone, there were Lot of rumors / comments against this project.
Those who ever is commenting, request them to go through the below points once and then comment.
- Tourism in India is economically important and is growing rapidly.
- We need to have multiple tourist points to increase the tourism revenue.
- Forget about foreign visitors, we do not really have sufficient tourism spots in our cities.
- You can see many people going around the malls and theaters in weekends. If we have sufficient spots we can route them to such places as well.
- As per the statistics, USA earned more than 4Million Dollars with Statue of Liberty in the year 2015. Why Can’t we earn like that? Don’t we have talent to construct such things?
- Can you imagine how many indirect jobs?
- Vietnam a small country has taken Shivaji as an inspiration and won War against America a Huge Nation. I think this is sufficient how Shivaji can motivate the people.
- I don’t think it is easy to explain in one or two paragraphs how it will increase the pride for Marathas and Hindus in general with Shivaji’s statue.
Proud-full Past can give you Proud-full Future
I would advice all the state governments should take initiative of several such statues all over the Bharat.
A few suggestions:
- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar in Madhya Pradesh.
- Subhash Chandra Bose in West Bengal.
- Jhansi Rani in Uttarpradesh.
- Komaram Bheem in Adilabad.
- Rudramadevi in Warangal.
- Alluri Sitarama Raju in Vizag.
- Rani Channamma in Karnatak.
- Rana Pratap in Rajasthan.
Hope to see more such pride-full statues instead of regular Nehruvian statues.
About Author: Pradeep Kumar Vuppala, Chief Editor, Lokahitam.in is also a Co-Founder of Lokahitam.com. He is also a Co Founder of Puranic Tambola – An innovative Physical Board Game which is part of the #HinduGames initiation. He is also the man behind the Indian / Swadeshi short URL service Swalp.in, is a Social Activist, Inspiring speakers and also an advisor to the Job Seekers.