Eco-Friendly Mosquito Trap
Mosquito’s are attracted to the CO2 So we can use this technology in Mosquito Trap. And also this is Eco-Friendly.
Here’s what you need to make the trap
- 2 Liter Soda Bottle
- Sharp knife
- Candy thermometer
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Cool water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast (found in bakery aisle)
- Black Paper
How to make
- Take the Soda Bottle and cut the top off below where it starts to narrow to come up to the top. flip it and place it neck down into the open soda container.
- Bring 1 Cup of water to a boil, dissolve 50gm sugar into boiling water
- Once the Sugar is dissolved, remove the pot/pan from the stove and stir in 2 cups of cool water well.
- Check the Temperature of the syrup to make sure it isn’t above 90 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is hotter let it cool further
- Add 1g of the Yeast, you don\\\’t need to mix it, just pour in
- Place the syrup in the bottom of the bottle
- Tape the Two Bottle pieces together.
- Put Black paper around the bottle to give them the dark environment they love
- Place this in a dark humid place
The yeast will ferment the sugar. As it ferments it releases CO2 and attracts Mosquitos.
After every 2 weeks you will need to replace the sugar water + yeast solution. It will give a best result.